Search Forum topics of discussion in The SK Improvisation Studio Below:

• Busso

November 6, 2023 at 7:49 pm

Hi Steve,

I already subscribed, just before my trip. I play a TS Mark VI and a Yana Curved SS. As I am travelling a lot I just ordered a travel saxophone ( https://odiseimusic.com/) I want to try it on my evenings in hotel rooms. Have you heard about this EWI?

After spending an hour with the material I wanted to give you my first feed back. From the introductory video I was not sure about the sequencing of the lessons. It would be good to have some advice on whrere to start. So, first I thought “Confirmation” is difficult, Body & Soul is a slow ballad, easy, so I started with that one. I tried to memorise the chords in the first section. Not easy., especially in the second last bar of the A section, where there are 4 chords in one bar. Then, it is difficult for me to memorise the diminished chords. I never really understood the logic of how to construct diminished chords. Is there a shortcut way to understand the concept?

So I switched to Confirmation. Here I would love to have a video with the full melody at a speed of 120. as the second variation of the A section is rhythmically difficult and difficult to learn when listening to Charkie Parker playing at 180.

So far so good. It would be great to get your thoughts.

Best regards

Busso